The problem I find most organizations facing communicating online today is making an impact in an ever growing world of clutter in social media. According to pr-online.com, the average person receives 147 emails per day. Think of all of the time required to read through all of them, even if a good portion of them are junk. One more thing to read along with everything else that has to be done in a days time is not something desired by most, especially not me 🙂 This is a true barrier for those that you want reading your blog. For all of the time, energy and sometimes cost that goes into your blog, you at least want to make a measurable impact right?
One solution for making an impact with your content is to start a video blog. A video blog not only makes it easier and quicker to share your content, but also delivers a stronger impact with your readers. Even if someone doesn’t have the time to read your content, they can still listen to it in the background. You might also decide to share other forms of rich media such as your own podcasts or even embed videos you find on the web (i.e. YouTube, Vimeo, etc.). The goal is to make a deeper impact with viewers giving them a deeper feeling of trust with your brand.
The list below will help you get started in creating a video blog and making sure it is effective in reaching your goals.
Tips to help you start a video blog:
- Choose a video blog platform. You will want to look for integrations such as video recording, podcasting recording and other multimedia recording capabilities. This will save you both time and money.
- Less is more with video blogging. When you are deciding on a video blogging platform, be sure to choose one with a clean and simple design. This keeps the focus on your content and will increase viewership. One company we can all learn from is Apple when it comes to design.
- Are you camera shy? No need to worry. A video blog doesn’t always have to be you in front of the camera. Sharing relevant videos that already exist on sites such as You Tube and Vimeo can be a great way to stir the attention of your viewer and keep them engaged. In the end, your viewers will still associate you with the content presented.
- Integrate video email marketing tools. This will help automate notifying your email subscribers on new video blog posts.
- Define your blog topics. This will help you define your categories and get you to start thinking about what you want to share.
- Grow your email list organically. Make sure that your video blog has a visible email subscription form. Also, begin letting new and existing contacts know about your video blog. The simple fact that you are sharing valuable content with them through a rich media format is not only impressive, but separates you from the rest of the crowd.
- Share, share and share some more. When you finish a video blog post, be sure to share it on all relevant social networking websites. For example, if your video blog post will add value to a LinkedIn Group, be sure to share it with them.
If you are sitting there, or standing there, asking “How do I start a video blog if I’m not a techie”, that’s ok. We have developed the exact video blogging platform that we recommend and even use ourself at tips.socialhubsite.com. We have built in all of the tools you need into one place so you don’t have to spend the time and money required to piece all of the pieces of the puzzle together. It takes less then 60 seconds to setup. Below are a few links to get started.